.

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Life Styles Inventory Survey Life Style Inv Essay

Life Style Inventory Survey measures what motivates a soul fashion, their thoughts and self-concept. The inventory is for self-discovery it enables a somebody to take a revealing realize at them and what chance upons them unique. The LSI enabled me to examine my own unique way of idea and how it influenced my behaviors. erstwhile I created a profile, I was able to sink what styles were working to my return and which ones where undermining my effectiveness. The LSI forced me to initiate positive changes in how I think and mo changes that can increase my face-to-face and professional effectiveness.Life Styles Inventory ResultsThe LSI heightened my self- sensitiveness, and attentioned me to determine where I needed to direct my self- modifyment efforts. The process of self-improvement involves certain(prenominal) steps. These steps include knowing ones strengths and weaknesses, judge yourself as you are now, fellow tonicitying how ones thinking and behavior affect onese lf and others, deciding to improve oneself, and committing to a envision of action to change ones behavior. When I took the LSI I was it recognized two unanimous person-to-person thinking styles. My primary ( gamyest percentile score) and back-up (second highest percentile score) personalized thinking styles are oppositional and dependent. The oppositional exfoliation measures ones tendency to use the defensive and aggressive strategy of disagreeing with others, and to seek attention by being critical and cynical. Oppositional raft typically love to argue and claim a fear of getting block to people.In general, this style is characterized by the ability to ask tough, probing questions, a tendency to make others feel uncomfortable, a tendency to seem distant and detached from people, and a need to look for flaws in everything. The dependent scale measures the degree to which one feels he/she efforts do not count. Dependent behaviors rise in a need for security and self-prot ection and often feel he/she has very small(a) control over their lives. This type of behavior can be long-standing, or due to temporary life changes much(prenominal) as a new joke, promotion, an illness, or the break-up of a close relationship. In general, this style is characterized by a passive attitude, feelings of helplessness, difficulty making decision, the figurehead of rapid change or traumatic set-backs in ones life and an over- clientele with pleasing people. When I first read the results and definitions of each personal thinking style I was initially shocked.I said to myself, Is this rightfully who I am? exactly I had to take a step back from the situation and allowed myself to really learn how to improve myself. By accepting who I am now go forth allow me to change and improve my way of thinking and ultimately my way of life for the future. Recently I make water moved away from family and friends and started a new job. It is very stressful and I am constantly c ritiqued and question about the process or procedures I do. I believe this is where that dependent style plays its part in my life. As for the oppositional style, I have had to fight and claw my way in everything I do. Some life changing personal events and poor relationships make me to question future relationships, both personal and work related, but I neer saw myself as cynical or sarcastic.Oppositional reminded me of that negative person no one wants to be around and I was a little off put because that is not how I thought of myself. I have always thought of myself as a positive person, always supporting(a) others, a hard-worker who just wants to be a good character. However, deep stamp out inside I question myself and others abilities. I seldom avow what I really think and can be stubborn and slow to for refund. I believe the results of the Life Style Inventory passel opened my eye and proved that I need to change my way of thinking. By changing my thought process I wil l be a give employee and leader, as well as a rectify sister, auntie, an all-around better person.Personal Thinking StylesThe first step in self-improvement is savvy your strengths and weaknesses. This is one question that is typical in a job converse and also qualities people look at when developing relationships. Once you have truly examined your areas of weakness and strength you can and so develop a plan to improve and enhance them. One style that I believe that isworking against me and reducing my overall effectiveness is my oppositional way of thinking. Oppositional scores in the high range like mine, indicates that I am skeptical towards others, extremely critical, and march on others away. I believe this style limiting my professional effectiveness because I am unable to effectively fade with my co-workers or superiors.I am skeptical of others intentions which make me more detached and distant at first. I also have tendency to hold back and not say what I am thinking. Working within an organization you have to be able to effectively communicate and if you are deliberately withholding your thoughts then you cannot be effective and an employee or a leader. A great example of this is recently during an observation by my supervisor, I was being critiqued on how I communicate with potential students. She stated that, Nina, you seem unable to relate to certain demographics of students, those being middle age white women.She asked me why and what she could do to help me overcome this obstacle. Right there was a perfect quantify to give her a little background about myself but because I am skeptical of her intentions, I resisted and gave a half-hearted answer. I say on a daily basis that I have to improve on my communication skills. In distinguish to do so I have to come out of the closet more trust with the individual that will receive my conversation. A heavy(p) part of being oppositional is lack of personal relationship and stubbornness that pus hes people away. I want to be a leader one twenty-four hour period in the community and within an organization. I understand that in order to do so, I must develop my communication skills and improve my cordial attitude.The Impact on Management StyleWhen it comes to the planning and organizing aspects of management I am confident in this area. I am somewhat of a perfectionist, so making sure everything is in order and everyone is doing their job is important. My personal styles play apart because my lack of trust will prevent me from trust my coworkers to complete their tasks. This means I sometimes feel obligated to simulacrum work. However when it comes to leading and controlling this is where my personal thinking styles play a huge role. Oppositional managers are viewed more as a watch drag rather than a leader. Well I am not that extreme, I do watch over my employees making sure they are doing things aright instead of trusting that my training has given them the skills need ed to do the job accurately. I tend to be well-liked by co-workers and my subordinates. I demonstrate concern for staff members and their needs and emphasize teamwork.Genesis of Personal StyleThe LSI survey forced me to reflect on my past relationships, my culture, my family, and my life events that shaped me into these personal styles. It amazed me how the journey of my life shaped me into this person, some qualities I was aware of and others that I was in denial of. My parents have always placed a lot of pressure on me to be in(predicate). I was the first in my family to graduate and my driving force was to be better than my parents. I contend basketball in college and lost my scholarship after two years. It was during this time that all my trust for human beings was lost. I have always been a hard worker, never questioned myself or my abilities, but when that event to place it started a spiral effect of events in my life.I bounced back from that incident and calibrated school but kept quiet in class and never developed relationships. Before that incident I knew exactly what I cherished to be and after I have been lost. I know I want to start my own non-profit organization but lack the dominance to do so. I felt I was critiqued on things I had no control over and that could explain why I am so critical of people, because I believe people are critical of me. But it also taught me to be grateful. I never want anyone to feel the frustrations and admiration I did, so I can be very gentle and understanding at times.Conclusion and ReflectionI am grateful for this assignment, it taught me about who I am and not in a faultfinding(prenominal) or offensive way. It made me aware of problems and behaviors that I need to assort and develop so I can be that woman that I have envisioned in my head. That strong positive leader, who everyone appreciates her critiques because they know it will make them better, that woman that despite lifes hiccups she bounced back, stronger, braver, and more successful than one could imagine. As I continue on this journey in MGMT 591, I pray that I continue this transition into this woman I dreamed of and become a better person, a better employee and a better leader. I believe this class will allow me that liberty to do so and give me the knowledge and skills I need to communicate effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment